How To Clean A Persian Rug? These Are The 7 Easy Ways to Clean Persian Rugs at Home
How To Clean A Persian Rug? Persian rugs are very simple rugs that are made in ancient Persia and modern Iran. They are hand-tied by using a particular Persian knot that makes its fibres densely knitted. These rugs are mostly made from wool which is long-lasting and easy to clean the fibres. The Persian rugs must be handled safely you can hire a Persian Rug Cleaner if you are not able to deal with it yourself. Checking the care label before cleaning will keep them more protected.
Considering all cleaning factors and protection required for Persian rugs, you can follow the below-given instructions and tricks. These How To Clean A Persian Rug instructions are safe and proven. These are solutions for many cleaning problems.
Clean Persian Rug By Following The Step-By-Step Guidelines
Tip 1: Vacuum It!
Vacuum your rug deeply from the back and front. It will help in loosening the dirt within the rug fibres. If you have a long fibre rug then disable the beater brush while vacuuming the top of the rug. Avoid vacuuming the borders and knots with the beater brush. You can vacuum the long fibres by using an upholstery attachment.
Tip 2: Sweep It
Use a broom to sweep both sides of the rug. You can also try hanging your large Persian rug by a railing or fence to remove dirt and soil particles.
Tip 3: Shake the Dust Away
Hold the corners securely while you shake them with full power. Continue the process of shaking until dirt, debris and crumbs stop falling from the rug.
Tip 4: Deep Cleaning- An alternative to Professional Clean
You can use steam cleaning to make the fibres of the rugs free from any dust, grime, pet hairs, stains, odours and many more. This is a deep cleaning method, an alternative to professional cleaning.
Tip 5: Removing Odours
You can eradicate trapped pollutants, moulds and stains to remove odours and smells. This elongates the durability of your rugs.
Tip 6: Place a Rug Pad
If required, you must place the rug pad after finishing your cleaning process. This works as an additional support system to your rugs and keeps them intact for many years.
Tip 7: Get rid of bugs
You must check your rug for bugs. If found any, you should choose the cleaning solution accordingly. This will work to restore the original beauty of your rug.
How To Get The Stains Out Of A Persian Rug?
Have stains on your rugs? How To Clean A Persian Rug? Spot cleaning is a tried method for the removal of stains from the Persian rug. It works well if your Persian rug has only some areas to get clean. Follow the given steps to do so:
- Remove all the extra moisture or debris from the spot.
- Dab the liquids(like urine or wine) with a clean towel. If the stain has dried, use the edge of a spoon to eradicate the solid debris.
- Combine the water and mild detergent.
- Use a clean sponge to blot the area with the detergent water. Avoid rubbing as it can again push the stain further into the fibres.
- Clean the sponge and repeat the process till the stain is visible.
- Then blot the area a number of times with clean water until the detergent is removed. If detergent is left in the rug then the dirt will get attracted.
- Combine a small amount of mild detergent.
- Use a clean sponge piece dipped in the water detergent mixture. Start from the corner and work in a grid pattern to go on the entire rug.
- Clean the sponge often.
- After you are down with the sponging of the whole rug, clean the rug again with water. Remove all the detergent as it will again attract the dust easily.
- Let your rug dry before keeping it back in the place of the rug pad. It is best to hang it somewhere where the air can circulate till it dries completely.
Instructions For Hand Washing A Persian Rug
Do not know How To Clean A Persian Rug? Go for the following steps to hand wash a complete Persian rug:
How To Dry Your Persian Rugs Entirely?
To dry a rug it is essential to let it absorb the sun’s rays. It will take one or two days to dry thoroughly. The tip of drying your Persian rug by the reverse side will also work better. Although the colours of your rug can fade by exposing it to direct sunlight, the right rotation will fade the colours in an even way. After the recommended time of drying, check that your rug is dried by folding the nap and feeling the base of its fibres. Then set apart the fringe with your hands till it is straightened completely.
Find Your Local Rug Cleaners in Your Locality
You can follow the above-given tips and instructions for keeping your treasured Persian rugs neat and clean throughout the year. However, if you feel the need for a professional rug cleaning service, you can get in touch with 711 Carpet Cleaning Sydney. You can find here your local rug cleaning experts who specialise in Persian rug cleaning methods.