Carpets add warmth and improve the look of our homes and offices. But only clean carpets can do this. Carpets that look dull, dirty and stained can give out a bad impression. Getting stains on carpets is natural. Especially if you have kids and pets in your home. But cleaning these stains can be a hectic job. They require a lot of patience and many cleaning agents. But with the right technique and guidance, stain removal from carpets can become easy. Here is a guide on how to remove stains from carpet. These are basic and home-friendly tips that can be really helpful to understand how to get out stains on the carpet.
First 6 Professional Tips On How To Remove Stains From Carpet Are:
Remove the excess stain on the spot
The first mistake everyone makes is to leave the stain as it is. Every time you have a food stain or any spill, always scrape off the excess stain immediately. You can also blot the stain or the liquid to clean. This will remove all the excess spills. And the left-out stain will be very small and easy to get rid of. Importantly, never try to rub stains on your carpets. This will only spread the stain instead of cleaning it. Always blot or scrape the excess spill.
Use a carpet stain removal product
There are many carpet stain removers on the market, which are quite effective and easy to use as well. Just follow the instructions and clean your stains. If you do not want to use any chemicals on your carpets, you can make your own stain removal solution at home—Mix 1 tsp of any dishwashing liquid and warm water. Add a teaspoon of white vinegar to this. Your homemade stain removal solution is ready. Just apply it to the carpet stain. But make sure not to over-apply or overwet the carpet. Importantly, always patch test your carpet first before using any detergent or product.
Using the blotting method
A clean white cloth that is absorbent must be used. Keep blotting the stain repeatedly. Just do this until the stain stops transferring to the cloth. This will not even spread the stain. And reduce the staining to a great extent.
Baking soda comes to the rescue for odour stains. It is great when it comes to getting rid of odours from carpets. Firstly, sprinkle the baking soda using a soft brush. Let it sit on the carpet for about 20 mins. Secondly, vacuum the carpet thoroughly. It’s simple yet such an effective way of getting rid of stains and odour.
Clean the entire carpet
When you are more confused about how to remove stains from carpet then entire carpet area cleaning can be the best idea. Sometimes, even after removing the stains the carpets still look dirty. The simple solution is to vacuum it away. Make sure you use a good carpet cleaning vacuum.
Call a professional for help
Are you worried about how to remove old stains from carpets? Old stains are the toughest to remove. The new and fresh stains can be blotted and cleaned. But old stains have dried out completely. Hence, if nothing is working out for you. Just call in a professional for help. They will definitely get rid of these stains for you. And make sure your carpets look new and tidy.
Next 6 Tips On How To Remove Tough Stains From Carpets Are:
Some stains are almost impossible to remove. And it worries people about how to remove stains from a carpet. For example, blood stains, chocolate and red wine. Proper precautions must be taken while treating these stains.
- To remove blood stains, use warm water. Keep blotting the blood until it is completely dry. You can also use club soda for this.
- To treat wax and gum stains, use an ice pack. The ice will freeze the wax and harden it completely. Then gently break up this wax. Later on, vacuum the carpet to take out the leftover hardened wax.
- For chocolate stains, you can try scraping. Even the ice cube method works for this.
- Do you want to know how to remove coffee stains from carpet? Coffee stains are tough to get rid of. You can make a coffee or tea stain removal solution. Mix 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide and 1 tablespoon of dish soap. Apply and blot the stain.
- For wine or grape juice, you can use soda to blot away the stain.
- When it comes to nail polish stains, you can use your nail polish remover immediately. Keep dabbing and cleaning until it is completely dry. Don’t use excess nail polish remover as it will bleach your carpet. You can also dilute the nail polish remover in water and dish soap for better results.
By now it must be clear how to remove stains from carpet. The important step when it comes to carpets is maintaining cleanliness. Even after removing the stains, it is necessary to clean and vacuum them regularly. Focus more on the high-traffic areas. And if you still are not satisfied with how your carpets look. Then the best option is to call a professional carpet cleaning Sydney. They will do their job perfectly. And can get rid of any tough stains. This will save your energy and time as well. Therefore, preventing stains before they happen is the only way to deal with them. Hence, always treat the stain immediately and not wait to do it later.